So, let's see...
~ My prenatal appointment was rescheduled today because one of my midwives is in Mexico and the other is sick. I find that slightly hilarious.
~ Dave and I are both comfortable with not having a helper attend the birth who can take photos and care for the pups. As a friend said to me, sometimes that extra person isn't worth the energy they bring for those things. In fact, I'm really starting to prefer just having two people at my birth. I think my bubble of privacy is shifting into place - as happens with moms as they prepare for birth. I wonder if I would have felt this way if things didn't go down they way they did? And if I did feel this way, would I have been comfortable uninviting her?
~ I found out some great facts about fluoride from my wonderful dentist yesterday. He said he isn't supposed to say this because he is required to talk the AMA line (so sad) but really we have no clue if fluoride actually prevents anything except cavities between the teeth and people are genetically pre-disposed to those types of cavities. He said because Dave and I have never had them, it doesn't seem worth it to give baby fluoride supplements.
As you know, I'm a decliner pretty much across the board, but I was set on the fluoride treatments because I associated my massive amounts of cavities up until I was 25 with the fact that I never had fluoride as a child. He said the type of cavities I have were from my diet and brushing style. That makes sense. And Dave was relieved to know I was off the fluoride kick.
~ As for my teeth and gums, they are in amazing shape for being pregnant. I haven't had one episode of bleeding gums or inflammation or increased teeth rotting. The only change was in the second trimester when my teeth were more prone to staining. Though I still have staining in the third trimester, and my iron and tea intake hasn't decreased (in fact it's increased), it's not as bad. I feel very fortunate considering my gums go crazy if I squeeze too much lemon in my water.
~ And my Blessingway is Sunday. I'm looking forward to calling forth some great birthing energy from friends and holding that sacred space until I give birth.
No comments:
Post a Comment