Wednesday, March 16, 2011

38 Weeks 5 Days

9 am is not my shining hour during pregnancy. 11 am is better, 1 is great and by 6 I'm usually on top of my game. But it worked best for everyone to have a 9 am prenatal today, so that's what we did.

With Dave being sick for the past week (please don't stare directly at his consumption) the hours between 4 am and 9 am are a little rough. He coughs a lot and would prefer to sleep.

We rallied as a family and drove to the park so the pups can get some exercise before they sit in the car during the appointment.

Maji likes to kill things. I love when she hunts rats in our backyard, but the squirrels should be left alone. Most of the time she kills the squirrel in a few shakes, but this particular squirrel had a strong will to live and Maji got bored. Left horribly mangled, it still was trying to carry on. It took Dave three jabs through the chest with a stick before he could bury it. I'm always forever grateful this never happens when I'm alone.

Ten minutes later, walking up the two flights of stairs to my appointment I fell. Both my hands were in my pockets and I stopped myself with my belly. Judging by my headache, I think my head also hit the stairs but it may be from my jaw clamping down.

It's never a good feeling to know you just fell on top of your baby, even if they are well protected in there. I went to the bathroom, cried and felt really really bad. Currently, my body feels like it got in a car accident - both wrists are sore, upper and lower back are out of whack, neck is stiff and my head hurts.

But at least I fell up and not down the stairs. And just yesterday as I was walking through a muddy park I told myself I need to stop walking with my hands in my pocket because I'm likely to slip. I'm still bummed. Might make a chiro visit tomorrow if I'm still feeling out of alignment. Plus, I don't want my birth to start with a traumatic accident like my mother's did.

By now it's 9 am.

So let's see.....when I told the ladies about Marybeth not being able to help at the birth because she got a job, they just started laughing. They said they aren't worried about Satchel or Maji not being able to handle the birth and since we are catching the baby they'll need something to do anyway.

I guess I'm starting to understand the message that having an observer at the birth wouldn't be good for me. Perhaps I'd be self-conscious and things would slow down or maybe I'd be affected by their energy in some way. Whatever is going on here I know that the strongest feeling I've had through this process is that I want privacy, though my thinking brain says otherwise.

Midwives confirmed that baby did move down a little bit more (this happened on Thursday) but is still not fully into my pelvis.

Any early labor signs? Dave wanted to post on facebook that I was having contractions every 10 hours...so, no. Feeling contractions but nothing that takes my breath away or lasts very long. My vaginal discharge has increased, but nothing substantial. My new thing is waking up very agitated. The first day I got excited but after a week of it I'm guessing it's just my new normal.

Dave scheduled that baby will be born on Tuesday, with labor starting on Sunday. He's so cute. I just can't believe that next Friday I'll be 40 weeks!!!!

Weight: 157.2 (45 pound weight gain)
Urine: pH7, trace protein (totally normal for kidneys to spill some protein, especially at this point in pregnancy)
BP: 120/80
Pulse: 80
Position: ROT
FHTs: 150's
Fundal: 39

No comments:

Post a Comment