The only experience I have to compare it to is the day before we got Satchel. It was a Sunday and Dave and I spontaneously decided to wake up and get donuts. I thought that this would be the last time we'll be able to do this so easily because puppies need certain things in the morning. I was sad.
But I never thought about it again after we brought Satchel home because of the joy and inspiration he brought to our lives. I know a lot of people hate when others compare raising their pets to having children, but I've always found it a valid point of view.
So this morning I woke up and thought about putting baby in the car and going to a restaurant (Corbett Fish House to be exact) and what joy or frustration an experience like that could be depending on baby's mood at the time.
For the first time I accepted it all, the good and the bad and didn't mourn or feel sorry for myself about the changes ahead. I feel extremely ready to meet this new person and love everything that he or she brings into my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment