After our prenatal I tried to nap, but couldn't (the weirdest of all). I had so much energy I felt like I was on speed. I wanted to go for a run or climb a mountain - do something really physical and sweat and feel my body move.
Taking this as a legitimate sign of nesting, I got super happy and excited. Dave and I went to New Seasons to stock up on some food and then settled in to watch the last 4 episodes of Californication (season 4).
After the first 28 minute episode I stood up from the couch and noticed baby had fully settled into my pelvis (well Dave noticed first). My belly looked huge and swollen. Another great change.
We went to bed thinking, maaaayyybbbbbeeeeeee something will happen soon. I was in such good spirits.
AT 3 am I woke up and realized that all my birth impatience was coming from my miscarriage experience. Unconsciously I've been worried that my body wasn't going to know how to go into labor on it's own and I'd be pregnant for too long.
The surge of energy I felt yesterday (and I'm strangely, happily awake today as well) was the most reassuring sign that my body knows what to do. Of course it does, it got this far making a baby and growing my body, I'm going to know how to go into labor without me worrying about it.
This feeling is exactly like when I decided that I wasn't actually going to have a miscarriage event. I just let it all go and a few days later everything was over. I'm excited about this.
I feel like the strings that have been holding me up have been cut and I can now gently move in the wind with my feet firmly on the ground. I'll go into labor when it's time and everything will work out.
No comments:
Post a Comment