I've started talking to baby about labor, what it might be like for both of us and that baby can come anytime now (though baby does still have lots of brain growth and myelination to do).
If I had my prenatal when it was originally scheduled on Wednesday I would have talked about the fact that I felt more uterine contractions 8 weeks ago than I do now.
But on Wednesday I felt some uterine activity and even a contraction that started from the bottom of my uterus and pulled upwards!!! Exciting because it was the first one I felt like that and signifies the uterus actually causing the cervix to dilate.
Dave got very excited and was very cute when I paused dish washing to tell him about it. That night he felt my back tighten and bulge as I was having toning contractions that I couldn't feel in my uterus and only interpreted as my hips being slightly uncomfortable for a few minutes, then going back to normal.
All good signs, but really nothing significant since then.
I had a pelvis aligning session with someone on Monday and a massage yesterday. My body is feeling excellent right now.
My sleep has been disturbed this week however. It takes me longer to fall asleep, I sleep lighter, I wake more frequently and have a longer awake time than in weeks past.
The mornings are also similar to the first trimester, minus the nausea. It takes me forever to get myself going, I hate eating brekkie, and I just want to lay around. But once I actually get out of the house or start doing something, I'm fine.
I've felt very strong male, Tibetan energy around me lately. I've never felt this type of thing before and can only describe it as a collection of monks surrounding a pale pink energy within me.
I'm still not comfortable saying that baby is a boy, but if I were to give birth to a boy I would no longer be as shocked. The Tibetan energy is fascinating - it's not something I've ever been interested in before but it's all I see around me - saffron and gold monk robes, prayer flags, the Tibetan landscape, those high cheek bones and beautiful eyes, vibrant colors.
This is when baby's astral body comes in, so perhaps baby is integrating a past life - ancient and certainly male. Tibet is certainly something on my mind.
BP: 118/80
Pulse: 70
Weight: 156 (So that's a gain of 4 pounds from last week and a total weight gain of 44 pounds. I actually thought I lost weight this week but Kim the midwife said she thought I gained 2 pounds in each cheek. That's what I like to call HugeFace).
Urinalysis: pH 7.5
FHTs: 130's - 140's with good variability
Fundal Height: 37
Position: ROsomething (I forgot to ask)
Decided to go with the botanical vitamin K for baby. Safe, herbal and probably more effective at preventing the problems that can show up after a few months (which no one ever talks about) but really no one knows if it actually works or not. If there is any serious birth trauma I will certainly consider the injectable kind.
Home visit next week (delayed because of scheduling). Excited to introduce them to the pups and the house. We'll chat more about photos and being human support for the dogs if they need it.
No comments:
Post a Comment