First, I have 2 people who they could call if things get stuck. The first is my chiropractor and the second is an energy worker that is hardly from this world.
Labor
- Yes - I want helpful ideas and things to try (Because I'm pretty hands off, I want to be clear that one of the reasons I'm not having an unassisted birth is because I want advice while I'm laboring if it seems things need a kick start).
- Open to herbs and such to keep things moving. Don’t use blue/black cohosh tincture. Willing to try pellets. (During the miscarriage the cohoshe tinctures gave me heart palpitations and it felt like a lightening bolt was going through my brain. I don't think that will happen with pellets however)
- Stinky births aren’t fun - use essential oils. I’ll provide some. (As an apprentice I hated when births were really smelly. I was always sprinkling oil here and there)
- Will provide flower essences and list reasons to give. Please give. (Currently taking Walnut to help with the transition into motherhood. Blended my own essence combo to use during labor - a little something to help with fatigue, energetic darkness, etc... and have some specific single essences on hand.)
Birth
- Dave or I will catch baby (My preference is to not have anyone touch baby at all. If everything checks out visually, I'd rather the midwives just keep away).
- No hat on baby (Unless baby is having some temperature regulation issues, I want to smell, see and touch his or her cute little head).
- Cord cut after placenta is delivered (Want baby to get all the blood the belongs to him or her).
- Breast crawl for first feeding (Duh! This is just my apprenticeship experience coming up. The midwives there were always very fast to put baby to breast manually.)
- Want to use Nori instead of sutures (Unless I tear severely, I want to use seaweed to hold the tear in place. Though this requires more work on my part b/c I have to replace the nori with each trip to the bathroom and I have to keep my legs together, I'm willing because I believe the tissues heal better than when there are sutures in place. The vagina has an amazing will to heal).
- Want to shower while midwives still present (They aren't getting away until I'm cleaned up.)
- Want sheets and pillow cases changed while midwives still present (Ditto)
- Please cut some placenta and make me a small berry placenta smoothie before I eat (Placenta medicine is amazing and I'm fully into eating a small bit raw. Mixed in a smoothie and you can't even tell. Dave wants some as well).
- If bleeding, cut placenta and give it to me straight. I would like this to be the first thing they try. (I've read, never experienced, that this is the best and fastest way to stop a hemorrhage. Cut a small piece and place in mouth and the hormones are meant to fix things.)
Placenta
- Would like midwives to make a placenta print on paper provided (I mean, why not right? A bloody picture of a beautiful organ that I made.)
- Remind Dave to call placenta lady to pick up placenta (I'll take some capsules and tincture please)
For awhile I wanted to perform the newborn and placenta exams myself. The other day I took out my study notes to review and could totally care less about remembering all that stuff. So I'll just let the midwives do their job.
No comments:
Post a Comment