Monday, February 28, 2011

Ready

Dave and I spent the day yesterday preparing for baby. Technically, once I pick up my birth supplies tomorrow, we will be totally ready for baby to come. With the exception that one of our midwives is out of the country, the other has a cold and we don't have anyone in place to take pictures.

I'm totally okay with all that. Though the midwives forgot to mention what the plan is if someone goes into labor while one is on vacation (and I forgot to ask) I think I know who they would call in. And I'm comfortable with this person - though I wasn't for the longest time.

She's a really experienced midwife who has been doing this since she was a child and learned outside of Portland (always nice to have a non-Birthingway experience). She is very direct and doesn't mess around with niceties. I was always uncomfortable around her until I ran into her randomly at the park a month or so ago. We chatted and I got over my unease.

And as for not having a helper for photos and pups - though I still really want pictures, I seem to be easily letting go of that. If we don't have anyone to take pics all the time, that's okay. As for the pups - they respond to their environment and they will be great, I really don't have any doubts. They'll listen to Dave and probably really just sleep a lot of the time. It will be dark in the house, something that always relaxes them, and they know what's going on.

So I feel good.

And I'm GBS negative.

No comments:

Post a Comment