Wednesday, February 16, 2011

When Baby?

A few close friends have told me that they feel baby will come sometime in March. I dismissed their predictions even though I've been having dreams that baby will be born on March 18th (and be a boy).

Last night Dave came home from a workshop he was teaching and said he had a strong sense, accompanied by stomach cramps when thinking about the labor, that baby was going to be born sometime in March, like around 37 or 38 weeks.

So when Dave says something like that I've learned over the years to go with it. Today I spent the morning gathering all the homebirth supplies I have laying around - towels, wash cloths, heating pad, sterile gloves, sterile lube, etc - and making a list of all the things I need to go and buy - RV hose, faucet adaptor.

I think early birth predictions are pretty common for first-time moms and it's pretty common for first-time moms to go past 40 weeks. I'm trying not to get caught up in them because I don't want to hit 40 weeks and be frustrated because I thought baby was going to be born 3 weeks ago.

Plus, I'm really stuck on baby being an Aries and I don't know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment