I thought that when it was time to stop going to regular, non-prenatal Hatha yoga I would have a hard time making the decision. But, like most things with pregnancy, the decision was already made. No wondering if I was doing the right thing. So, I put a hold on my membership.
There is a part of me, the athlete, that creeps up and asks how am I meant to accomplish the event of labor when I stop training weeks in advance. But I know there is more to it than that. I also know my body has a great ability to maintain it's level of endurance and athleticism, even in times of rest.
If there is one thing this pregnancy has taught me, it is that I have a great physical body. No matter the sport I was training in - marathon, triathlon, rock climbing, hockey - I never thought my physical capabilities were awesome. But now, I'll never doubt that again.
No comments:
Post a Comment