Davey is feeling better. His turnaround was yesterday and as long as he rests this entire weekend, I think he'll be fine.
I had a belly growth spurt that coincided with a huge eating binge a few days ago. Sometime over the afternoon on Wednesday last week my belly got wider. On Thursday I was feeling the weight increase on the top of my pubic bone. The body is so amazing.
Around this time is when a lot of pregnant women start to notice bleeding and inflamed gums from hormonal changes. I haven't had anything like that, but what I have noticed is that my teeth now stain more easily. After drinking a simple cup of tea I'll have stain around my gum line that sometimes I can't brush off. I feel like it's from my iron supplements, but it's odd that it didn't happen when I was taking iron during the miscarriage. I am going to the dentist next week, so we'll see what he says.
Did I mention my mom got us a crib and matching dresser? Having matching furniture for the baby is really important to her. I remember how much she loved my matching dresser, end tables and bed when I was young. She and I had to leave that furniture behind when we left my father (we could only take what we could pack in the car) and I think that's why it's vitally necessary to her that baby have this stuff.
The dresser is awesome and will make a nice changing station upstairs. The crib is beautiful, but a little too showy for me. I wanted something simple and natural, but those pieces were about $200 more than the "antique cherry with curved corners" set.
I was definitely on the fence when it came to a crib. Was I really going to use it or would it be laundry storage? In the end I decided to go for it because I wanted a place where it was safe for me to put baby down for a nap, away from edges and Maji's tongue and every baby that sleeps in their crib seems to really like their crib. It's their space and when I'm babysitting them they often ask for it.
Next week is my last week at the birth center and I'm on call 60 hours. Hoping I don't get called in at all, but if I have to be, hoping it's during the day.
The week after that I start a new babysitting job with a new practice baby. I'm starting to feel stress about that because I won't be able to wear the baby (belly too big) and last I checked with the mom, baby was only sleeping by wearing baby down. I could try putting baby on my back if they have the right carrier. Walking is always an option for babies who need motion to fall asleep, but it's December and this is Portland, so it's probably going to be rainy and unhappy outside.
No comments:
Post a Comment