Saturday, January 29, 2011

Dressing Up

We have this idea of what we should look like when we dress up to go out. When you're pregnant, you have to throw that idea out the window.

I spent a long time trying on and re-trying maternity dresses that I have in my closet trying to figure out what to wear for the baby shower. When I think of what I want to look like when I go out it usually involves a dress or long skirt that is vibrant and bright with some sort of add-on like leg warmers, arm sleeves or a scarf.

Remembering that I've been given all my maternity clothes from three different people, the styles aren't mine. Pair that with the fact that putting a dress on my body makes it tent out and adding any kind of accessories adds unnecessary width to my body, I'm left with few options. Especially considering I didn't want to wear something I wear everyday, like a knee-length skirt with knee-high socks and a top.

So, I'm going with dress-up jeans and a shirt. Pretty neutral. And kinda odd for me.

I'm looking forward to when I can start wearing my style again. But I have this feeling that all my clothes, even after I lose weight, just won't fit right anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment