You also might want to notice the very cool and colorful rug. Maji got that for Dave for Christmas.
And of course, there is Maji. Our BeagleBack.
Great session with the ladies. Talked about my morning fatigue. It seems no matter how much sleep I get, 9 hours or 5, I'm still dragging until mid-afternoon.
Mentioned my new snoring habit and they said it's from the extra fluid of pregnancy and it will go away after the baby. Thank goodness. For some reason I'm more embarrassed about snoring than I am when I pee my pants a little when I sneeze with a full bladder. Go figure. Anyway, they said the fact that I am snoring can mean that my quality of sleep could be compromised and that's why I'm so tired. Because it won't hurt, I'm going to start taking iron supplements twice a day.
They never heard of the copper or linden flower perineum treatments and were supportive. Like me, they figure anything you can do to prevent serious tears at least makes you feel like you're doing something, even if it doesn't work. And since I'm someone who needs to feel like she's doing something, it works out for me.
BP: 107/52 - note that the drop in blood pressure signifies an appropriate blood volume expansion at 28 weeks. Good sign.
Pulse: 70 or 80 something
Weight: 143.4 (31 pound weight gain so far)
Fetal Heart Tones: 130's - 140's
Baby Position: ROT or ROA - That means baby is on the right side, the occipital is presenting either transverse or anteriorally.
Fundal Height: 31.5 - which is high for where I am in pregnancy. Normally fundal height matches weeks gestation, but I've been a little ahead for most of the pregnancy, plus I'm sure baby just had a growth spurt anyway. Not concerned.
28 Week Blood Draw: My blood looked healthy and non-anemic. I'm not sure if you can really actually tell anything just by looking at blood, but it looked just as thick and dark red as it did at 8 weeks. I'll be getting the lab results in a few days.
Random Glucose: 89. I declined the actual testing for Gestation Diabetes and consented to having the blood the seeped out of my vein after my blood draw tested. The range can be anywhere from 60 - 115. Based on what I ate this morning, I'm comfortable that my body is handling the sugar in my diet adequately.
I miss your prenatals. Give the ladies a hug for me next time. Sounds like everything is going well though. xoxo
ReplyDelete