Friday, January 28, 2011

Can I Really Get Any Bigger???

The answer is yes, I can get bigger. And I will. But I, like most other women at 32 weeks, just don't know how that will be possible. Luckily, baby likes to hang out a little lower in my uterus so I feel like I have some room to grow up top. But not much more room, I swear.

Every evening I rub my belly and boobs with oil, an activity baby loves. As I work my way up my chest I always rub my lymph glands and check in with them to make sure they aren't feeling congested or tender (no reason really, just something I like to do).

A thick layer of fat was put down within the 24 hours between massages on my chest - that fast!! Pretty amazing. Dave noticed it in the morning but I didn't believe him (not sure why - denial?). It wasn't until that night that I actually felt my extra padding. Body is definitely getting ready for breastfeeding (but no colostrum yet).

As I live my life and watch my body grow and grow I do occasionally have the fleeting thought that baby is just too big already - like 7 pounds. And of course that isn't true, baby is still under 4 pounds. But man, if I didn't know any better I know I would be worried about the size of baby.

It probably doesn't help when strangers say things like, "You're so big! How long you have to go?" "Girl, you're that big and aren't gonna have the baby until when??!!" Most of these comments happen in the women's locker room at the community pool as I'm trying to dry my feet without stepping on the dirty, smelly tile floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment