Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Lazadae's First Outings

Her first outing was to Woodlawn Coffee and Tea when her Godparents Dan and Stacy were visiting. She drew some attention and enjoyed herbal tea.

Her first evening outing was a poetry reading by her Daddy on May 8th when her Grandparents were in town. This time she drew a crowd of attention. We had to leave just once during one of Dave's poems, but made it back just in time for a birth control poem and a few choice others.

I also got to breastfeed in public for the first time (I'm not counting the time in the empty waiting room of a doctor). I felt so proud and happy and really special to be feeding her in public. The bottle was a bit hard to manage on my own - getting the cap off, threading the tube through the nipple, detangling the kink that formed in the tube, slipping it between nipple and mouth -but we got it! And we were both very happy.

Here is a link to 2 poems Dave read that are fitting for this blog. The first is my very favorite - the Lazadae poem (renamed to Lazadae). It's all about her. The second poem is a new one called For the Daughters. It's all about the three generations of us.


Her third non-doctor outing was to fish fry with the grandparents. We were those people who left their baby in her car seat in the corner of the booth. She loves her car seat and passes out. I'm thinking of bringing in her car seat when we're alone and mommy needs to nap. Or else I can just put her hat on - at the site of that thing she usually passes out.

Today Lazadae and I are having a bed in. After weeks of visitors and appointments I've started to feel a little far away from those first three weeks we spent in bed together. So here we are, naked and together - totally connecting (and blogging) and enjoying our time together.

She also has a diaper rash, so the fresh air will do her booty good. And you never know, maybe it will help my milk supply. At the very least, we're having fun (she's sleeping on my chest right now).

No comments:

Post a Comment