She lives in Vancouver and has been doing this type of service for years - way before facebook made it easy. Within a few hours of hiring her, she found me 4 donors, 2 of which may be ongoing (my dream).
She is also an expert in how to ship breastmilk at the safest and cheapest way possible. One time she shipped 2,800 ounces to a single mom. THAT is amazing. (Satchel isn't too upset about having to share his freezer space as he's trying to get into the breastmilk fetish market).
Keeping up with all her leads yesterday was a bit difficult - she's fast and a talker - so I spent lots of time on the phone and email and facebook. She had me create a one time blog to refer potential donors to. She had me identify drop points around the country (within my price range) of friends who would be willing to ship milk from donors in their city, then I had to post on 5 websites about my story and that I was looking for milk.
She says it's hard to get milk in Portland right now - there are 3 sets of twins and 8 other moms looking for full supplies. I feel so fortunate that I've been able to do it this long for Lazadae.
Having someone out there looking for me has been such a relief. Up until this point I was getting a large stash in (100 ounces or so) every week and I was able to have one scheduled a few days after the last pickup. But I was never able to find an ongoing donor myself, so having her looking will be so helpful.
Little Lazadae; a double Aries with a Pieces moon - a child of the universe.
No comments:
Post a Comment