A pregnant body at rest is in some ways working harder than a non-pregnant body mountain climbing.
As a former rock climber and a current pregnant body, I like that statement. And I've got to believe it's true.
Yesterday while studying about uterine prolapse, which is where the uterus can fall out of the vagina after childbirth (really rare for those wondering), I got a little queasy. This isn't a new topic for me. I've looked at the detailed pen drawing in my textbook of the uterus hanging out of a vagina and wondered about the color and odor and mom's reaction.
It wasn't until I got to the line about how the ovaries and tubes can be dragged to the center of the body as the uterus falls out that I nearly retched. And there I was, sick and nauseous for the rest of the evening. I was able to snack, but not able to eat my dinner.
Amazing how a thought can make a pregnant body loose it's ability to eat and feel normal. Yes, pregnant women are very sensitive.
Today I almost left my 7:30 yoga class. I just wasn't feeling very well. Super tired and queasy. I wonder if part of it was the string cheese and smoothie I ate before class (I was really hungry). By the time I decided that I should leave, I had 30 minutes of class left, so I stuck it out, skipping the last few poses and falling asleep. Perhaps it's time I tell my yoga teachers that I'm pregnant.
On a super positive note - my midwife friend Kelly is going to be on my birth team again!!!! She's planning on moving to the Midwest when her husband finds a job, but until then she's going to be at my prenatals. Of course I'm hoping she can stick around to April for my birth. I would love to have her there. And I think Satchel would like that as well.
Yes, I'm leaning more towards having the pups at the birth. Last pregnancy I didn't want them there. I felt Satchel would be too sensitive and Maji too invasive. But during the miscarriage Maji was so so helpful. She would stand in front of me and let me lean on her and hold her tight during contractions, then lay next to me between them.
I think as long as well talk to them enough about what it's going to be like, they'll do great. Plus I feel they would really want to welcome the new baby when we do. I picture Satchel staying far away during labor and then as soon as baby is born, he'll snuggle up in bed with us.
Ohh and! I haven't told my family about my pregnancy yet, but I did secure my brother's time to come out to visit during his spring break, which I think begins April 18th. If he makes it here for the birth, awesome. If he doesn't then he can take care of us for a week postpartum. I can't think of a better situation than that for this birth.
Oh, you are so sweet. It's a super-positive note for me too. xoxo.
ReplyDelete