Monday, August 30, 2010

10 Weeks 2 Days

It may not look like a huge change, but we see it. The tummy growth is not my uterus, simply extra weight that I'm storing away for breastfeeding - it's all part of my plan.

Though I mentioned earlier that I really felt the baby settle in, I still can't help but worry and wonder - How do I know I'm still pregnant? That happened yesterday, so we took this picture to make me feel more pregnant.

I have my next prenatal in two weeks and I plan on having them use the Doppler to listen to the heartbeat. At first I was anti, because why expose baby to ultrasound waves with a small handheld device just so I can listen to the heart rate? But I need the reassurance.

The daily napping and waking up sick just isn't proof enough for me. It could be residual hormones. So rather than wait until week 16 when we could hear the heart rate with a fetascope, which produces zero ultrasound waves, we're going to hear it soon. And then hopefully not use the Doppler again until labor.


No comments:

Post a Comment