Thursday, August 19, 2010

My First Prenatal

Well, I had my first prenatal yesterday and it was so much fun getting to sit on the couch rather than be the one with the chart asking the questions.

The appointment lasted 90 minutes (usually it's an hour appt) but we were talking shop and getting caught up with each other. Dave was a little bored and was having some hunger issues, but it was so nice to have him there. Plus, as a midwife I know how hard it can be for some dads to engage during the appointments. I imagine it can be a little overwhelming to be a guy in a room with 4 other women talking about birth and pregnancy.

Had my blood drawn and I must admit that I am quite proud at how dark and healthy my blood looked - no anemia there.

As of today I'm somewhere between 9 weeks and 7 weeks plus 1 day.

No comments:

Post a Comment