And for the days that followed I've felt pregnant. Consistently. I'm also less exhausted than I have been in the past few weeks, though still very tired. And I'd even say I'm feeling a little less nauseous. I've also developed indigestion for the past two days, which sucks, but is very common. Yesterday I even had about 45 minutes of super focused concentration that I put to good studying use.
What else? My belly is big and it has nothing to do with my uterus, which is still neatly tucked and well-flexed back inside my pelvis. All my weight gain goes to my boobs first, then belly, then face. Dave said my legs are starting to change, but I'm refusing to notice that. My backside is definitely widening out as well. I'm waiting for my hair to suddenly grow long and even thicker. And what about my skin glow? Wonder when that will start happening.
Even though I know that stretch marks are all about genetics and nutrition, I couldn't help myself and bought some Mother's Special Blend stretch mark oil, which I use after every shower and a cocoa butter stick that I try to use at night if I can stomach the smell of chocolate all over my body. All that moisture application hasn't prevented the skin on my boobs from being continuously dry, flaky and peeling. But at least I know I'm doing that best I can with that.
My yoga tank tops are a little too short on me already, what with my large chest and growing belly, suddenly I'm wearing a top that shows off my belly button. Classy. And I must admit that I am getting excited about wearing maternity clothes.
My mother works with a young girl about my size who is through having kids. So she sent me 4 bags of semi-trashy, semi-cool maternity clothes. Some of the clothes kinda reminds me of what Nancy Botwin wore on Weeds when pregnant, minus the mini-skirts and heels. The other clothes consist of more jeans and sweaters and black pants than I currently own now - so I really do have a whole new wardrobe waiting for me. But no yoga tank tops.
No comments:
Post a Comment