Friday, July 30, 2010

Making a Baby is Hard Work

The first trimester leaves most women tired and sick. The second trimester is a time of new body aches and pains and in the third trimester women can just feel the baby sucking every vital nutrient from their bones.

It's my 7th week and I've become more tired as each day passes. If I worked a regular office job, I would be able to do my work and nothing more. Luckily, I don't have that kind of life and I feel I'm able to get other things done as well.

I've noticed that I'm also loosing interest in food like last time. When I think about eating a PB&J or last night's chicken, it just has no appeal. But I'm trying real hard to not get sucked into the nausea cycle, so I'm forcing myself to eat.

Thanks to all the studying I've done on twin pregnancies, the literature has pounded it into my head that these women need to force themselves to eat in order to carry to term. While I don't feel that I'm having twins, that message has stuck with me and I'm trying to oblige.

I've had several instances of feeling pukey, enough where I pull out a cup, bag or towel from wherever I am just in case it happens fast. I haven't puked yet. Even though sometimes I wish I could puke because I think it would make me feel better, I know that would waste precious nutrients and calories that I need to keep inside me.

And the best news of all is that I've had no brain fog like last time. For all my tiredness and occasional nausea, I can push through and study or do laundry. Yeah for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment