I knew that I was pregnant because I felt implantation cramps about a week after conception. And then the food dreams started rolling in. I only ever used to dream about food like this when I pregnant before.
The best dream was when I opened the oven and discovered a lasagna in there. "I have a lasagna in the over!" Lasagna is a good symbol. Hearty, strong and filling.
Dave also had a dream about my pregnancy and woke up knowing as well.
The strongest early pregnancy sign was that I had a triphasic temperature shift. I started taking my temperature as part of pregnancy planning and after conception my temperature rose in two shifts, which can only mean that your pregnant.
And of course we can't forget that Ladyfinger, my spirit chicken, started laying eggs again. A sure sign of pregnancy for me.
I took a test on July 16th before I drove out to Joseph to pick Dave up. He forgot that I was going to take the test and when he asked how my temperature was this morning and I told him I was pregnant he had a 7 second inhale. It was great.
The first time I told him I was pregnant I felt his body respond and this time I got to hear his body respond. A pretty neat difference.
I remember already starting to have food aversions a few days after my first pregnancy test. By the 5th week I was nauseous, extremely fatigued and eating a lot of cream cheese.
This time around I feel great. I'm eating everything to the exclusion of nothing, rarely tired and never nauseous. Why you ask?
Well, this is a different pregnancy and every pregnancy is different. I'm consistently practicing yoga and that makes a huge difference in my body and spirit when I'm not pregnant so I could only imagine how great it is for me during pregnancy.
I'm also never ever ever letting myself get hungry. As I've mentioned in other posts, it's a vicious cycle, you get hungry, you get nauseous, you can't eat. So this time I eat every few hours, even when I feel stuffed, and amazingly I never have trouble eating when I'm not hungry.
I've been wondering if I was so sick last time because something was wrong with the pregnancy from the start. And that just doesn't resonate with me at all. Or at least I don't want it to. My friend Stacy said that when her friend was pregnant again after a miscarriage that it just felt differently. And I have to agree that I feel different. I'm very grounded and present and sure of my role in this pregnancy.
So that's been interesting.
I'll be posting more belly pictures as the weeks go on. And yes, I am wearing pants and a long sleeve in the middle of July because it's been a strange summer here in Portland and I took that picture last week before the temps rose.
No comments:
Post a Comment