When I do leave my house it's to 1) go to yoga 2) go grocery shopping 3) go to work 4) go for tea - all of which are in walking distance except work, which is in biking distance. There are times, like today, where I wanted to go to Trader Joe's instead of New Seasons because Trader Joe's makes amazing humus. It's even worth me driving for, but not sitting in traffic, in the heat. And that is when I start pining for Joseph.
Ahh Joseph, where I may have to drive 90 minutes one way to go grocery shopping, but I won't sit in a second of traffic.
But to be balanced, just this morning I said to myself how grateful I was for living in Portland because Portland is so full of people that I can connect with really easily.
I've become a part of a midwifery study group with two other ladies where every other week we study esoteric healing midwifery stuff and the other week practical midwifery stuff but all from a slow, organic, intuitive path.
This has been the study group I've been looking for and the direction I want to go - shamanic midwifery with practical skills.
And so, you can't really find that in many places other than Portland.
But I'm still tired and don't like driving.
No comments:
Post a Comment