Saturday, March 27, 2010

Stuff I Can Eat

My list is short of foods that don't make me want to vomit, though I'm not actually vomiting. And here it is:

1. Cream cheese on ridiculously expensive gluten free crackers
2. Spelt bread toasted with cream cheese and sometimes jam
3. Gluten free waffles, frozen (one a day)
4. Goat yogurt with walnuts and honey
5. Cottage cheese
6. Cereal with cottage cheese and almond milk
7. Cheese on crackers
8. Sparkling water
9. Recharge diluted with water

Luckily, baby doesn't have large nutritional needs at this time because this is really all I'm able to eat on a daily basis. This morning I had strawberries, the first fruit to touch my lips in 4 weeks, and the other day I ate turkey. Other than that, I'm pretty limited.

Why does food aversion, especially to meat and veggies, happen to women in the first trimester? Some say it is a protection against toxins from microorganisms during the critical period of organ development. If that were the case then I believe it. I'm not wanting to touch anything the was formerly alive, even in plant form. In fact, the other day I picked off all the lettuce from my sandwich because it tasted like poison. And this was lettuce from Dave's winter garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment