Saturday, March 20, 2010

Ohhh Nausea

I spend most of my days feeling hung over (minus the headache) or like I just got off a spinning ride at a carnival. Neither is better than the other.

I do have about 3-4 hours a day when I'm not ill or sleeping, and now is one of those times. But it's almost over, I feel this ending. I'm waiting for Dave to bring in the chicken feed and start making the turkey sandwiches I had a craving for.

Right now I'm not really into food. In fact, I hate it. But when I do like something I latch on to it and must have it. Today is one of those days.

If I'm able to do a load of dishes I consider that a bonus. Usually I'm just asleep on the couch or the futon, waiting to feel better. Sometimes I think I must be making all this up. There is no way that I can possibly feel so sick all the time.

Fresh air does help. As does white rice first thing in the morning and nux vomica (homeopathy) - at least right now it works. Apple cider vinegar, ginger, acupuncture, vitamin B - they don't work.

I just cancelled a trip to Washington to visit a friend because I don't think I would be able to make the 5 hour drive in under 8 hours and then I would be sick at someone else's house other than mine. And that's no fun.

With all my complaints let it be known that I love being pregnant and am anxiously awaiting my belly. I already weigh more than I ever have in my life, which means more than I weighed in college with beer weight. The weight part is surreal. Dave says I'm cushy and enjoys it.

Every night I say good night to baby Azu-zu (fetal name) and every morning I check in. When Dave comes to bed he puts his hand on my belly and says good-night.

No comments:

Post a Comment