Monday, March 29, 2010

My 6 Hour Mexican Meal

I felt great yesterday and ate almost like a normal person. For dinner Davey made hard tacos, nothing spicy and no onions. My tacos were mostly filled with sour cream and a spattering of beans, and I had 2 of them along with some chips and more sour cream. My biggest meal in weeks.

Four hours later I was still feeling the entire meal trying to enter my stomach. It was just stuck. Everything slows down in pregnancy, especially your digestion.

I'm not a person who has digestion issues. When I was training for the Portland Marathon I could eat a full dinner, then go for a long run - no problem. I ate for the entire 26.2 miles without a belly ache.

And now, growing a baby makes me unable to eat a regular meal and I can't even look at beans anymore without wanting to die.

My six hour Mexican meal led to some interesting dreams involving a character from Twin Peaks and a kid from grade school. And it forced me to stay in bed until 8 am, which I liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment