Wednesday, October 6, 2010

An Update For You

It's been awhile.....I've been feeling really good and just living my normal life, with occasional naps between doings.

Work has been busy. I got a temporary (my favorite kind) nanny gig watching a 4 month old boy named Gus. I love doing the nanny thing for babies because I get lots of good ideas from moms. Baskets of burp cloths in the living room - brilliant. (If anyone wants to buy me some baskets, I'll need them for toys, diapers and now burp cloths).

I've also been working lots at the birth center. I dread, like you wouldn't believe, actually going to work, but once I'm here it's usually fine. Last night was probably my hardest night ever. I worked all day as a nanny, had a few hours of rest time at home, then came in to work overnight.

Happily, I am friends with the family that just gave birth. Unhappily, they were wired and needy and I didn't get to lay down until 3 am (on the floor mind you). And then I was up about every hour with them. So I'm operating on about 2 hours of sleep.

Dave is, as I type this, making me GF french toast with bacon. My plan is to eat and then get about 4 hours of sleep. After that I'll pick up a Moe's Meats order, inventory it, then rest again until his buyers come for some meat. Dave is also making city chicken tonight and then he's going to give me a massage.

Because of the nanny work (8:30 - 4:30) I haven't been able to get to yoga class in six days and my body feels like it's falling apart. My legs ache from a walk around the block and I'm suddenly aware that I have a lower back.

Speaking of body aches - shoes. WTF? Suddenly I have no shoes that are actually comfortable for walking. And this Gus baby likes to walk. It basically feels like my feet used to be callused and now they are gone and I'm left with a thin layer of burning skin. Plus the bones in my feet hurt. I'm told wait four months to really feel it...

As for the baby, I have been trying to find the heartbeat with a fetascope nearly every night, with no luck. It's still kinda early and I'm not very skilled at finding it on my own anyway.

I had a moment, at 15 weeks, when I thought I felt the baby move. It was at night and it happened as I was turning over to my side, so it was a little confusing. It felt like a sudden bubble, in my uterus, releasing. I haven't felt anything since.

Dave has been super busy as well. Lots of work and workshops and he's handling it well. He is enjoying most of the business work that is coming at him and the workshop groups (4 of them) are really great. He's also reading at Wordstock this weekend, quite a big deal.

Satchel and Maji are enjoying practice baby (Gus) and both getting used to baby in their own, unique ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment