I'm excited that I was able to hear baby AND excited that I'm developing my fetascope skills, which have always caused me to silently panic when it was my turn to listen to other's bellies.
Haven't felt movement since the last time, but thought that maybe, during yoga yesterday morning, I felt the bubble releasing sensation again. I think soon enough I'll be feeling taps and pokes consistently.
I've also been making lists of baby stuff we want. My mom already bought us a stroller (BOB) and she's going to buy us a crib and a dresser. I was always a little ify on the crib situation, but realized that I want somewhere safe to put baby where baby won't roll to the floor and Maji won't lick baby awake. I realize that it will be a long time before baby will probably use the crib for naps, but having it all set up will make me feel settled and ready.
Amy took me to Babies R Us last weekend, which was very brave of her, and it ended up being quite fun. My east coast family has begged us to register there so they can easily buy us stuff and ship for free, so I figured why not.
I've never registered for anything before and it was a hoot to walk around the store with the scanning gun and scan items. I tended to request items we'll need later down the road, like plates and cups and 9 month old clothes.
I also realized that you do need stuff for a baby. Blankets, bottles, diapering systems, something to put the baby in so you can shower, burp cloths, slings, garbage cans to keep puppies out of shit, toys......crazy. And I really want one of those glider rockers :)
I've been dying to get to the mountain this month before the rains come, so on my day off from practice baby, I'm taking the dogs on a little hike. Yeah for fall in Oregon.
No comments:
Post a Comment