Saturday, December 4, 2010

WooooW

Two really great things happened yesterday (before and after the strange work situation) that have made me feel so light and happy this morning.

The first is that I had an energy session with Donna (of the Bob and Donna team). We worked on clearing the congestion between my liver and spleen that may be a reason for my consistent waking up in the middle of the night.

When I got home from the session Friends Dan and Stacy sent me a pregnancy pillow in the mail. Now, I always thought these were a bit decadent and that my body pillow (Joey the Brain) was just fine. Two days ago while working with my postpartum family, she had a pregnancy pillow that she was using for breastfeeding and I thought that seemed like a nice thing to have.

My sleep was amazing last night. Now I think it's from the energy work first and the pillow supported those changes. I was able to sleep on my right side and actually have my arm around Dave, something that was too uncomfortable before. Then I was able to, without fussing and rearranging, move to my left side. But the biggest change of all is that I was then able to sleep on my back comfortably for many hours, without having to readjust everything under my knees.

Even better than all that great sleep I got (10-6 with just 1 bathroom break) is that I wanted to stay in bed after I woke up and just lay there all snuggled and feeling safe. Since the beginning of pregnancy I haven't been able to just lay in bed and hang out. It's like I need a change of state or something, which explains why I have to fall asleep on the couch. This morning I laid there for 30 minutes, just hanging out between sleep rhythms.

I could see where if I was a little taller, the pillow wouldn't work as well - but it really is an amazing tool to have and I plan on buying this for all my newly pregnant friends. Love it.

And so this morning I've woken up feeling really light and happy. The work situation is something that isn't even bothering my right now. I'm going to ignore her email and I feel good about that decision.

As friend Stacy said to me: "The email is a parting shot of negativity from a negative place. I think the vibe there is, "Well, she thinks she's too good for us, so fuck her."

Strangely, about an hour after I wrote the last blog post I got a call from a midwife there. Apparently a midwife was recently fired out of the blue and her friend, the one calling me, wanted to know if she could give her my number because, "she doesn't have the strength that you have nor the ability to see the big picture and she's upset by all this. I think it would help her to hear how you were able to be a positive part of a bad experience there."

Isn't life funny. As Trisha would say, "Wooow. I mean, right? Woooow."


No comments:

Post a Comment