Friday, January 1, 2010

First post by Dave

Hi.

Courtney picked the green. It's like her to pick the green. She loves this color green. I am not fond of it, but as the husband I am OK when she is OK - essentially, "What's good for the goose is good for the gander" philosophy.

Yesterday I found out what a gander was. Thirty-four years later, I finally asked. And someone responded.

Amazing what you find out when you ask.

In my mind (blame the architect of my wiring), a gander referred to "gandering", or, "having a gander." A look, a thought, an exploration.

"Let me have a gander at those directions, son."

How this applied to a goose in my mind, I haven't the foggiest.

There's no real rhyme or reason behind why we started this blog today, or, for that matter, why we didn't start it five-years ago, or, for that matter, why we didn't start it tomorrow.

It came out of Courtney's mouth. Then it was alive.

Eventually we'll have pictures. Eventually our numbers will grow. Eventually we will paint the walls.

And change the color.

But for today, for this moment, this is what we have.

Welcome. There will be more.

-Dave
1/1/10

No comments:

Post a Comment